Monday, August 1, 2011

Naming (without the ceremony)

While out working on Froonie, Sunday the 31st of July, I took the opportunity to apply her name!  The graphics came in the mail just a few days prior, and I was anxious to finally get the Froon named.  The name Froonie is my my daughter's nickname - one her mother and I gave to her shortly after being born - she just looked like a froonie.  So, since this is Skylar's sailboat, pink topsides, purple bottom, and all, what better name to give to her than an affectionate nickname.
Working out the location on the stern, I followed the simple prep and installation instructions...



Name applied!...supplication will be made for fair winds and safe seas at a later date.


Name and hailing port applied!



I also took the opportunity to install the bronze jam cleats (two per coaming board), and the bronze winch bases.  Starboard coaming...



....and port coaming.

2 comments:

Bob Love said...

You are dedicated. Maybe someday I will get to see the Foonie!

Brian Milby said...

Sorry Bob...she sold recently. I sold out yet again...