Saturday, January 29, 2011

Finishing Up Froonie's Ceiling


     For Friday, January 29th, I decided to finish up with the ceiling.  The aft, port quarterberth was the only section left uncompleted - for the ceiling that is.  In previous weeks, I had sanded this aft quarterberth, glued up the backing strips, tabbed the strips to the hull, and painted.  I had just to hang the individual ash boards today.


     Below is a picture showing the aft, port quarterberth ceiling installed, or nearly complete.


     ...I shaped an additional board in the lower section, in the area where the ceiling transitions to the settee top.  Ceiling in!


    So then I decided to get cute with a razor knife.  Attempting to remove 40 year-old adhesive from the back of one of the ceiling strips, I had the fleeting thought to use my sander when...WHAMO!  I sunk the edge of that blade into my palm.  Ouch!!!  Well, it wasn't five minutes later that Dr. Bill Long phoned me - another owner of a Sea Sprite 23, and also doing a restoration.  Through his very generous and gracious heart, I am all closed up now and feeling better.  THANK YOU DR. LONG!
                     (felt worse than it looks)

No comments: